Hey, it’s Tarryn here, and I’m getting ready to open the Founding Memberships to Best Body Southport on Thursday…at 9AM! I hope you’re getting ready to ROCK the best version of you. Anyways, I’ve got lots of great stuff in this blog post for you today….like…
- I’m announcing the winners of the Best Body Southport Membership Contest.
- A brief intro to who the HELL I am and what the heck is a Best Body membership about (at its core – pardon the pun).
- Lots of other cool stuff
But before I get to that, I want you to know…
THE MAIN PURPOSE OF BEST BODY
The main purpose of Best Body is to HELP YOU become the best version of you – by getting better core strength, flexibility, tone, and achieve healthy weight loss in a supportive and encouraging environment – and feel good about making yourself a priority. Basically get back into the best shape of your life, both physically and mentally.
BEST BODY WAS CREATED AFTER IT BECAME CLEAR TO ME THAT…
- Too many people suffer from back problems, shoulder issues, knee pain, neck pain and migraines unnecessarily
- Most people put themselves towards the bottom of their priority list – which leaves them exhausted and lethargic both mentally and physically
- Too many people are not comfortable in their own skin and feel guilty about spending time doing something good for themselves
- The high intensity workouts some people are performing create a lot of aches and pains, and are too high impact for what their body can handle – they feel good temporarily, but not healthy after the endorphins wear off
In fact, I’ll be selecting someone’s journey…and turning it into a successful inspiring case study. To help others earlier on in their journeys know what is possible.
We won’t only be teaching Best Body Southport members how to build a better body.
We’ll be showing them as well.
- How to get fit and health in a sustainable way
- How to be motivated to continue making progress
- How to be strong, pain free, and have a healthy weight body
- How to make yourself a priority without anyone you care about missing out
- How to be the best version of you
- How to regain confidence to wear the clothing you love
- How to feel good about yourself and be a better person for the people you love
- How be at your best without the injuries
- How to calm your mind and body when it matters most
- How to be comfortable in your own skin
- How strengthen muscles to offload and protect your joints to keep you moving smoothly
- How to be aligned with a stronger mind
- How to move away from back problems, shoulder issues, knee pain, neck pain and migraines
WHO THE HELL I AM, AND WHAT THE HELL BEST BODY IS ABOUT
If you’re still wondering what the hell Best Body is (and who the hell I am) then this info is probably the most important for you to read. Hands down.
I’m Tarryn Wescombe, mother of two beautiful daughters (4 yo and 1 yo) and co-founder of Best Body (www.bestbody.com.au) which originally started as Loftus Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation back in 2010. I’ve been in a privileged position over the past 11+ years – facilitating transformational changes and serving a nourishing community of people (I now call my second family).
I’m a self-confessed perfectionist and obsessed with my services. The beach is one of my best friends; one of the reasons why I moved to Perth from Tasmania 14 years ago (I love the blue sky).
Anyway, a common question I’ve been getting asked is what is Best Body about?!
It initially started with Scott (my hubby, who is a Personal Trainer, Pilates Practitioner, Physio, Sport Scientist, Les Mills Body Trainer) being frustrated with the health and medical care his Nan had received, which lead to a lesser quality and quantity of life. Everyone treated his Nan like a number or symptom – and matched up medications and other bandaid treatments with her symptoms in rushed treatment sessions.
Not one health or medical professional took the time to fully understand his Nan as a person in the context of her actual life, to have any chance of identifying the root causes of her symptoms.
Scott was about to start his physiotherapy degree when he received a devastating phone call from his parents, letting him know his Nan had passed away from cancer. He had to make a decision of whether to fly back to Tasmania for his Nan’s funeral and miss the first week of University, or, stay in Perth and attend University (a degree he was told would be a huge challenge).
He thought to himself, “what would my Nan want me to do?” – and he believed it would be to prioritise University and make her proud by helping people through his career as a health professional.
As the Physio degree progressed, he kept reflecting on his Nan’s life and her health journey. He discovered in the research that the two types of cancers his Nan had were highly correlated with sedentary behaviour (colon and lung cancers).
To cut a long story short, Scott graduated with first class honours as a Physio, frustrated by all of the missed opportunities by health and medical professionals in his Nan’s life (and the impact that had on his mum and other family members) – he decided to open a Physio & Pilates studio to provide a better client experience (run on time and treat people like a family member) and do treatments that delivers real results in a sustainable way (no gimmicky machines or techniques that aren’t proven to work).
Scott mentions he will regret missing his Nan’s funeral for the rest of his life, and as a result of the void in his life, he is obsessed with creating opportunities for other peoples family members – so they don’t have to experience the preventable suffering his Nan and family went through.
Which leads us to WHY WE EXIST:
“We exist to create opportunities for every person on the planet to live their best life!”
And what our big goal is at the moment:
“We’ve got a purpose-driven goal to directly help 10,000 ladies put selfcare first (so they can give the world the best of themselves, instead of what is left of themselves), by the end of 2022. (we do serve some brave men too!!)”
But rather than listening to me, I thought these videos from 2 of our Best Body Hillary’s members could explain it better:
(CLICK HERE TO DISCOVER MORE MEMBER FEEDBACK)
(CLICK HERE TO DISCOVER MORE MEMBER FEEDBACK)
WINNERS OF THE BEST BODY MEMBERSHIP CONTEST ANNOUNCED
We had SO MANY ridiculously good entries for the Best Body Southport Membership contest. And THANK YOU for all the amazing and thoughtful entries.
Picking two winners was very difficult. But after lots of reading and thinking today, I’ve just chosen the winners around 2am this morning #mumlife. So many entries would have been worthy winners!!
Anyway, if you get a chance, it would mean a lot to me if you could take a quick sec and congratulate the winners in the comments section on this page.
HI! I am 41 with two children and have always been active. I have enjoyed Pilates before but not had the time to make it regular. But…. as life does, my body has decided its time to make a change and I have been suffering with a bulging disc which is affecting my sciatic nerve running down my leg. The pain has been relentless and ongoing for the last 7 months.
To avoid surgery, my specialist and physio have suggested Pilates and I am desperately looking for an option which can fit into my full time work schedule as a single mum (which is also a new development!)
I would love to be able to work hard to relieve my back issue and constant pain.
CHECK OUT ALL OF THE ENTRIES BY CLICKING HERE: