Hey, it’s Tarryn here, and I’m getting ready to open the founding memberships to Best Body very soon! I hope you’re getting ready to ROCK the best version of you. Anyways, I’ve got some great stuff in this blog post for you today….like…
- I’m announcing the winners of the Best Body Membership Contest.
- A brief intro to what Best Body is about (at its core – pardon the pun).
The Main Purpose of Best Body
The main purpose of Best Body is to HELP YOU become the best version of you – by getting better core strength, flexibility, tone, and achieve healthy weight loss in a supportive and encouraging environment – and feel good about making yourself a priority.
Best Body was created after it became clear to us that…
- Too many people suffer from back problems, shoulder issues, knee pain, neck pain and migraines unnecessarily
- Most people put themselves towards the bottom of their priority list – which leaves them exhausted and lethargic both mentally and physically
- Too many people are not comfortable in their own skin and feel guilty about spending time doing something good for themselves
Anyways, Best Body is, quite literally, a project. And over the course of a minimum of 12 weeks – you’ll be building a better body and a better you. I will be too!
In fact, I’ll be selecting someone’s journey…and turning it into a successful inspiring case study. To help others earlier on in their journeys know what is possible.
We won’t only be teaching Best Body South Perth members how to build a better body.
We’ll be showing them as well.
- How to get fit and health in a sustainable way
- How to be motivated to continue making progress
- How to be strong, pain free, and have a healthy weight body
- How to make yourself a priority without anyone you care about missing out
- How to be the best version of you
- How to regain confidence to wear the clothing you love
- How to feel good about yourself and be a better person for the people you love
- How be at your best without the injuries
- How to calm your mind and body when it matters most
- How to be comfortable in your own skin
- How strengthen muscles to offload and protect your joints to keep you moving smoothly
- How to be aligned with a stronger mind
- How to move away from back problems, shoulder issues, knee pain, neck pain and migraines
- How to maximize your pregnancy journey and bounce back afterwards with your post-baby body
Winners of the Best Body Membership Contest Announced
We had SO MANY ridiculously good entries for the Best Body South Perth Membership contest. And thank YOU for all the amazing and thoughtful entries.
Picking two winners was very difficult and I couldn’t do it. So I’ve decided to split it into 3 winners of 4 month memberships.
It’s a little delayed as we have had a little bit of a technical hiccup yesterday but it’s all good now.
But after lots of reading and thinking today, I’ve just chosen the winners.
Anyway, if you get a chance, it would mean a lot to me if you could take a quick sec and congratulate the winners in the comments section on the competition page – click here.
Embarrassed to admit I have been a paying member at Mt Lawley for most of last year – or more truthfully I have been making donations, as I sadly gave up on my goal of building a better body after a few sessions. I was overwhelmed but kept paying thinking i would get back to it – and cancellation would indicate total failure….I did however lose around 10 kilos (yay for me) by changing up my food.
I have arthritis in my ankles which makes walking or being on my feet for any amount of time extremely painful – it also makes reformer pilates the ideal exercise vehicle for me.
Why we don’t do what we know will benefit us is my dilemma – I’ve never been a habitual exerciser and have a limiting belief / fear around pushing through it. I cried during the reformer classes I attended much to my horror – I felt so emotional about being sooo fat and sooo unfit and generally was holding a major pity party for myself that i caved into.
Scott has been great – he has emailed me and we have discussed my stuff. You guys do a fabulous job at making people feel like individuals and everyone is special.
So why should you choose me for a 6 month membership at South Perth? If you’re NOT mentally running screaming from the building based on the above here are my thoughts
1) I think opportunities ( universe) present for a reason – South Perth is more local for me – I’ve been watching for it to come online via Facebook posts.
2)I know the added accountablity of being chosen for this privilege would be a major motivating factor – I do NOT let other people down – as opposed to being not so accountable to just myself.
3) I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. I have no condition and regardless of whether i am gifted this opportunity I know I need to improve my health and wellbeing.
4) I am about to have a milestone birthday – about to turn 60 which i can barely say out loud. I don’t feel it mentally but am probably worse than 60 physically if being honest. I have a grandbaby that i adore and want to be able to run riot with her…
5) I work full time in a high pressure role, i have lots of young friends who have little clue about my age because I am not an aging gracefully type.
If I can finally acheive exercise as a habit it will increase my quality of life, no question, and possibly delay my next mid life crisis
So in a nutshell I’m up for it – if you choose me I will committ full throttle because i could not possibly exploit or disrespect the generosity or intention behind the offer.
i would love to be one of your success stories of the next 6 months – I watch every video you guys post of the women who have changed themselves through the reformer pilates / physio program and want it to be me. Andrew the physio (Nth Perth) helped me enormously when i first staggered in this time last year and Scott, as said, has personally responded to emails and given great advice – it is now time to take it.
Thanks for the opportunity and your consideration Tarryn – what ever the outcome it has been really helpful just to articulate the above in writing for myself. Sometimes you need a reason to get clear by writing a letter to yourself – so thanks for the prompt.
“Best body Pilates would help me get my body and life back. After having two boys who are finally sleeping, my oldest has central sleep apnea so he didn’t leave the ‘new born’ sleep phase until 4.5years (he just turned 5). His younger brother is a much better sleeper and at the age of 2 (last August) he finally stopped tag teaming his brother. 2019 is my year to sleep more than 2 hours and to finally get strong again. I miss being strong and flexible like I was before kids. I have literally just been surviving the last 5 years, oh my husband works alway too and now it’s time to enjoy life and be the best, strongest me. I think best body Pilates is the place for that!”
“Wowee, what a fantastic opportunity we have here :-)!!
I’m so keen to start Pilates, and have been looking for the perfect studio to call ‘home’ for some time now. I’ve been holding out, knowing that you’re opening so soon.
Ok so a bit of a story… About 5 years ago now, I was hit by a car while I was out training for a half Ironman and Pilates was the form of rehab that I completed back then and boy oh boy I had some great progress following a prescribed program, so I know how beneficial it can be for posture, muscular endurance and overall strength and conditioning.
A few years down the track and I had stacked on the weight. But it wasn’t through lack of movement or training or even poor nutrition, and absolutely nothing would shift it no amount of exercise or lack of food, I tried everything. Turns out my body went through a fair bit of trauma following the accident and was just physically exhausted and my body was conserving/storing as much energy as possible and hence the weight gain.
I’ve just completed a 6 month non surgical weightloss program that has been the best thing ever, I have lost a whopping 38kg and I absolutely can not wait to get back into training, specifically running. But first, I have recognised a huge strength deficit that needs some attention quick smart. I’m worried without it that I will become injured very quickly.
A Best Body Pilates membership will allow me the ability to gain strength to feel strong and composed in my posture and allow me to live my best life being as active as I used to be. I’m so keen to be a part of a group of people who share common interests, what a great environment to make new friends. I honestly can’t wait to start!!
Thanks a bunch Tarryn”