The looming threat of aged care hangs heavy for many as they approach the golden years. With the latest research…
Infertility can be a heart-wrenching experience, but there are steps you can take to improve your chances of getting pregnant. If you have experienced infertility due to endometriosis or adenomyosis, these tips may be particularly helpful:
- Maintain a healthy weight: Being overweight or underweight can both negatively impact fertility. Research has shown that women who are at a healthy weight have a higher chance of becoming pregnant naturally and are also more likely to have a successful pregnancy through in vitro fertilisation (IVF).
- Exercise regularly: Regular physical activity can improve fertility by regulating menstrual cycles and helping to maintain a healthy weight. However, it’s important not to overdo it, as intense exercise can actually have a negative impact on fertility. One type of exercise that has been shown to be particularly beneficial for fertility is Reformer Pilates. This low-impact, full-body workout can improve overall strength, balance, and flexibility, all of which can support fertility.
- Eat a healthy diet: A healthy diet that is rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein can improve fertility. Some specific nutrients that are important for fertility include folic acid, iron, and omega-3 fatty acids. Incorporating foods like leafy greens, beans, nuts, and fatty fish into your diet can help ensure that you are getting all of the nutrients you need to support fertility.
- Get enough sleep: Adequate sleep is essential for overall health, and it can also have a positive impact on fertility. Research has shown that women who sleep seven to eight hours per night have a higher chance of getting pregnant compared to those who sleep less.
- Reduce stress: High levels of stress can impact fertility by disrupting the balance of hormones in the body. Engaging in stress-reducing activities like Reformer Pilates, meditation, and therapy can help improve fertility. Reformer Pilates can also be a great way to manage stress, as it promotes relaxation and mindfulness through controlled, precise movements.
- Quit smoking and limit alcohol consumption: Smoking and heavy alcohol consumption have both been linked to fertility issues. Quitting smoking and limiting alcohol can improve your chances of getting pregnant.
Trying to optimise fertility can be like trying to grow a beautiful garden. Just like a garden needs the right amount of sunlight, water, and nutrients to thrive, our bodies also need the right balance of physical activity, nutrition, and stress management to support fertility. By following these tips and finding ways to nourish your body and mind, you can give yourself the best chance of achieving your dream of becoming a parent.
“There are moments when the body is so exhausted, the mind so overloaded with emotion, and the heart so broken that it seems as if we could not possibly go on. But we do. And in those moments, when we feel most alone and vulnerable, we are also at our most powerful, for we are fighting for what we want most in life. We are fighting for a family.” -Unknown